Friday, October 15, 2010

One unusual custom and another happy one

The most unusual custom I've seen is body implants - it's not common among any particular ethnic culture that I know, but some subcultures seem to like it. I once saw a guy with horns on his head at a bar in Hawaii. To risk hurting your body just to be different seems pretty odd to me. I guess you could say that tattooing is the same, but it doesn't seem as extreme to me nor as dangerous. Everything is relative though. For many people in Japan, any tattooing is shocking or seen negatively. I guess we have to realize that different people have different ideas about how to decorate their bodies. Horns anyone?


If I could add one custom to Japanese culture, I think it would be hugging among friends and family. Human touch is important for health and happiness, and it seems like most Japanese who have experience with a touch culture seem to get used to hugging pretty quickly. Hug your friend today!

3 comments:

  1. That picture seems painful..
    Actually, I thought it's you at first. lol

    That's nice!
    I like hugging:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. awful!!
    it seems so painful!

    i think japanese have to accept tattoing as usual :(

    but anyway body implants is shocking X(

    ReplyDelete